From the original “Get to Know Spiritism,
a new era for Humanity” by CEI (International Spiritist Council)
* All practical Spiritism is free of any charge, which is within the Gospel principle that we must “Give for free what we receive for free.”
* The practice of Spiritism is held without any exterior cult, within the Christian principle that God should be adored in spirit and truth.
* There is no ministry within Spiritism neither does it adopt or use in its meetings or in its practices any of the following: vestments, alcoholic beverages, incense, tobacco, altars, banners, candles, processions, talismans, amulets, sacraments, the making of promises and the paying of penances, horoscopes, fortune telling with cards or sea shells, pyramids, crystals, rituals or any other form of exterior cult.
* Spiritism does not impose its principles. It invites all those who are interested in getting to know them to submit its teachings to the test of reason before accepting them.
* Mediumship, which permits the communication of the Spirits with Man, is a gift which anyone can have, independently of whatever doctrinal guidance they may choose to follow.
* Spiritist Mediumship is only that which is practiced based upon the principles of the Spiritist Doctrine and within Christian morality.
* Spiritism respects all religions, values all efforts towards the practice of goodness and recognizes that “a true person of goodness is one who fullfils the laws of justice, love and charity in their greatest form of purity.”